Chapter 1: General Provisions
Chapter 1: General Provisions Article 1 (Title)
This Society is called "Korean Society of Gynecologic Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Surgery" (hereinafter referred to as "this society").
Article 2 (Purpose)
The purpose of this society is to contribute to the development of academics and the welfare of mankind by presenting research work on theories and applications of gynecologic endoscopy and minimally invasive surgery, exchanging knowledge, and providing information.
Article 3 (Office)
1. In principle, the office of this society is located in Seoul.
2. The society may have a branch.
Article 4 (Project)
This society shall carry out the following projects to achieve the purpose of Article 2.
1. Research presentations and academic lectures
2. Support for encouraging medical education and research activities
3. Editing and publishing journals and other publications jointly published by the Korean Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
4. International exchange
5. Friendship and exchange of medical information among members
6. Other projects necessary to achieve the purpose of this society
Chapter 2 Members
Chapter 2 Members Article 5 (Membership and Qualifications)
This society consists of regular members, associate members, honorary members, and cooperative members, and the qualifications are as follows:
1. Regular member: A person who has obtained a Korean obstetrician and gynecologist certificate and has joined this society in agreement with its purpose
2. Associate member: A resident or a nurse in the obstetrics and gynecology training course who has joined this society in agreement with its purpose
3. Honorary member: A person who has special merit for the project of this society and has been approved by the board of directors
4. Cooperative member: A scientist who participates in research in the fields of gynecologic endoscopy and minimally invasive surgery, agrees to the purpose of this society and has been approved by the board of directors
Article 6 (Members’ Rights)
1. Regular members are qualified to run for and have the right to vote executives, and have the right to attend the general meeting, propose opinions on the activities of this society, and participate in resolutions. However, associate members, honorary members and cooperative members do not have the right to vote and eligibility for election.
2. Members are provided with the materials and publications of this society, and may access the materials related to the operation of this society.
Article 7 (Member's Obligations)
1. Compliance with the articles of association and regulations of this society
2. Implementation of resolutions of the general meeting and the board of directors
3. Payment of dues and charges (excluding honorary members)
Article 8 (Withdrawal and Expulsion of Members)
1. Members may withdraw freely by submitting a membership withdrawal form at their own will.
2. If a member injures the honor of this society, impedes the performance of its purpose, or fails to comply with the member's obligations for more than three years, the member may be expelled through the resolution of the board of directors.
Chapter 3 Executives
Chapter 3 Executives Article 9 (Composition of Executives)
The following executives are appointed to carry out the project of this society.
1. Honorary president: A few
2. Advisor: A few
3. President: 1
4. Vice president: 2
5. Director: A few
6. Auditor: 2
Article 10 (Appointment of Executives)
1. A member who has served as the president is selected as an honorary president
2. An advisor is elected at the meeting of the Honorary Presidency
3. A president and vice president are recommended by the honorary president and elected at the General Assembly.
4. The president appoints the director.
5. Auditors are elected at the regular general meeting.
Article 11 (Executives’ Obligations)
1. The president oversees and represents this society, oversees the meeting, and represents this society. In addition, he/she presides over the General Assembly and the Board of Directors.
2. The vice president assists the president and performs the duties of the remaining term in the event of the president's absence
3. The auditor monitors the following duties:
① Monitoring the property situation of this society
② Monitoring matters concerning the operation and duties of the general meeting and the board of directors
③ When there is something wrong or unjust based on the audit results under subparagraphs 1 and 2, the auditor may request correction to the board of directors or the general meeting.
④ When it is necessary to request correction and report under subparagraph 2, the auditor may require the convocation of the general meeting or the board of directors.
⑤ The auditor may present his/ her opinion to the general meeting, the board of directors, or the president regarding the financial situation and work of this society.
Article 12 (Division of Affairs of the Society)
The duties of general affairs, vice general affairs, advisory, academic work, training education, training, planning, finance, editing, review, public relations, international cooperation, ethics, insurance, and information and communication are divided to the directors, and the chairperson appoints a well-qualified person among the directors
Article 13 (Dismissal of Executives)
If an executive has committed any of the following, he / she may be dismissed through a resolution of the general meeting.
1. Violating the purpose of this society
2. Disputes between executives, accounting fraud, or significant wrongful act
3. Interfering with the work of this society
Article 14 (Reasons for Disqualification of Executives)
In principle, anyone who falls under any of the following may not be an executive.
1. An incompetent or quasi-incompetent
2. A bankrupt who has not been reinstated
3. A person whose qualifications have been lost or suspended by a court ruling or others
4. A person for whom three years have not elapsed from the day when the execution was terminated (including cases deemed to have been terminated) or when the execution was exempted after sentenced to imprisonment of prison terms or more
5. A person who is in the period of probation after sentenced to the probation of imprisonment or more
Article 15 (Terms of Executives)
1. The term of office of the president and vice president is two years, and in principle, a single term
2. The term of office of directors is two years, and that of auditors is two years, and the consecutive term is allowed.
3. The term of office of an executive elected due to vacancy or increase shall be the remaining term of the predecessor or incumbent.
Article 16 (Employees)
Paid staff may be hired to handle the office work of the society
Chapter 4 Meeting
Chapter 4 Meeting Article 17 (Convocation of General Meeting)
General meetings are divided into regular and extraordinary general meetings, and the president convenes them at the request of the president and members. Regular general meetings are convened once a year, and extraordinary general meetings are convened when the board of directors decides that it is necessary or when the president deems it necessary.
Article 18 (Resolutions of the General Assembly)
The General Assembly resolves the following matters:
1. Matters concerning the establishment and revision of the bylaws
2. Election of president, vice president and auditor
3. Matters concerning budget and settlement
4. Matters concerning the affairs of the society and audit report
5. Matters transferred from the board of directors
Article 19 (Resolutions of the General Assembly)
The resolutions of the General Assembly shall be decided with a majority attendance of the regular members, including the power of attorney, and the favor of more than half of the regular members present.
Article 20 (Convocation of the Board of Directors)
The board of directors is divided into a regular board of directors and a temporary board of directors, and the regular board of directors is held once a year, and the temporary board of directors is convened by the president when he/she deems it necessary or at the request of more than a third of the directors.
Article 21 (Determinations of the Board of Directors)
The board of directors resolves the following matters:
1. Statistics and reports of the project of this society
2. Matters concerning the financial affairs
3. Recommendation of honorary members and nomination of advisors and honorary president
4. Matters concerning membership and expulsion
5. Other matters deemed necessary by the board of directors as important matters related to the work of this society
Article 22 (Resolutions of the Board of Directors)
The board of directors shall make a resolution with a majority attendance of the enrolled directors including the power of attorney and the favor of the majority of the directors present.
Chapter 5 Finance
Chapter 5 Finance Article 23 (Financial Sources) The financial sources for expenses necessary for the maintenance and operation of this society are as follows:
1. Payment and membership fees
2. Contributions and donations
3. Profits arising from basic property
4. Other revenues
Article 24 (Membership Fee)
The payment and membership fees shall be determined by the resolution of the board of directors and the approval of the general meeting.
Article 25 (Accounting Audit)
The audit shall be conducted once a year.
Chapter 6 Rules
Chapter 6 Rules Article 26 (Revision of the Rules)
Bylaws not established in the bylaws of this society are subject to general custom.
Chapter 7 Sister Society and Research Group
Chapter 7 Sister Society and Research Group Article 27
If the society or research group recommended by the president meets the purpose of this society and has been approved by the general assembly, it may be designated as a sister society or sister research group.
The president of the sister society and the research group may be elected as a standing director of this society, and they are encouraged to participate in the standing board of directors, and if the president is absent, the vice president may be present.
The president or senior vice president of the sister society and the research group is granted the qualifications to attend the academic committee of this society.
Under the exchange between the sister society, the research group and this society, training grades are given through this society, and a close cooperation system is established when academic conferences are held.
Chapter 8 Study Group
Chapter 8 Study Group Article 31
The chairperson appointed by the president may form a research group that meets the purpose of this society and is approved by the general meeting.
In the research group, one chairperson may elect one manager and form no more than 10 members.
The academic conference of the research group is held under the consultation with the president of under this society.
The conference funding of the research group shall be managed and operated separately under the Korean Society of Gynecologic Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Surgery.
Articles of association of the Korean Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology This society consists of Advisory Committee, Academic Committee, Training and Education Committee, Training Committee, Planning Committee, Finance Committee, Editorial Committee, Review Committee, Public Relations Committee, International Cooperation Committee, Ethics Committee, Insurance Committee, Information and Communication Committee, Nursing Subcommittee (Under the training committee), and each chairperson becomes a standing director. Each committee may have a subcommittee as needed.